One thing I truly love about Atlanta are the wonderful trailblazing women I’ve met over the years. One in particular that I met at a “Cookie Exchange”, Dearroka, her and her girlfriends came up with this wonderful idea to bring CLASS and FEMININITY back.
I have always loved the look of the 40s, 50s and 60s. If a man wasn’t wearing a suit, he had on pants, shirt and tie. Women were always in dresses. Our men looked like MEN and the women looked like LADIES. We’re so far removed from that era of style so, Dearroka presented to her friends a challenge. She’s challenging women in her circle to put the sweat suits, jeans and pants away and let your inner GIRLIE-GIRL out! I think this idea is wonderful and told her I would most definitely take on the challenge and start the challenge with my own circle of girlfriends in Boston.
- We will rock dresses and heels like our mothers & grandmothers at least THREE (3) times a week.
- We will reject the impulse to throw on jeans, jogging suits, & dress slacks.
- Exchange our revelations and thoughts throughout this challenge.
- Invite a Friend(s), Take Pics, & HAVE FUN.
- Everyone is WELCOMED to participate.
- Flattering Dress Suits and skirts with nice accessories are allowed.
- If you have a blog share it with your followers.
If you are on Facebook and want to know more about the “Pretty Girl Rock DRESS Challenge” please click on this link: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=128539830544421.
Let’s pull out our dresses this spring and do our best PRETTY GIRL ROCK!